Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dream a little dream

There must be something in the water.

Lately, I've been having the most epic, bizarre and memorable dreams. Not sure if that's a good thing, particularly when you dream of a monk kissing your feet. Which was just deeply odd, as you'd imagine having a monk kiss your feet would be (and no, it wasn't in a Princess Fergie kind of way!). Perhaps it's still all that disgustingly hot weather and lack of sleep due to that catching up with me...

The strangest thing has been dreaming of incredibly creative persuits, which in turn is frustrating because you know it's only a dream. In particular, I've been dreaming about going to fascinating places and taking lots of photos. And they've been great photos I've loved. Most people who know me know that my camera is some sort of extension of myself now days, so I guess it makes sense that it's embedded in dreams. But it's just annoying when it's all dream photography!

Oh, then there's painting and sketching! Although that's something I could just actually do in waking life, as opposed to those photo issues. Anyone else ever had those kind of things happen with their dreams?

Thinking of dreams, really should be asleep. Hopefully without dreams of monks tonight. That was just awkward.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pineapples and feet kissing Della? Wot's going on?

Della said...

The first thing I can explain. The pineapple was at a cemetery in Townsville, which has to be the most awesome plant to have at cemeteries. Well, unless they started putting in mango trees.

As for the feet kissing? I have no idea. 'Twas all rather peculiar.

Unknown said...

agree, pineapples in cemeteries is not a typical sight but you know I'm a bit of a thinker when it comes to the more unusual applications of pineapples. As for feet kissing ... simply unfair. I might just flatter myself and say you play dirty. ;)

Della said...

This is very true (re: your thoughts on pineapples), and at least as un-typical as pineapple plants in a cemetery. Unless the cemetery pineapple plants sprang from... Never mind *lol*

I play dirty? With monks? I do hope not... *lol*