Saturday, January 26, 2008






^ Random lava lamp moments.

I love my lava lamp, although it's really some variety of 60s/70s kitsch, recreated for consumers in the mid-90s. When I was younger, I went through a phase of absolutely loving retro things (and to some extent, I still do). Annodised things, funky old vases, Glo-mesh handbags... So how could I resist when Cunningham's Warehouse rolled these out for $25??

There's something relaxing about watching the globs of wax rise through the lamp. And my favourite thing is when the wax is first slowly heating up (like in the first pic). It looks like some variety of freakish alien foetus in a glass or something.

Which isn't all that relaxing, I suppose...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

alien foetus <3

Della said...

Aliens. They're cute when they're too young to do the abducting and probing of rednecks thing... *teehee*