Tuesday, May 20, 2008


^ Anthurium. They do seem rather phallic somehow.

Currently watching the Artists at Work profile of Lindy Lee on ABC, which is enormously interesting in regards to the working as an artist between cultural boundaries, within spirituality, etc. Also, the idea of a nine-day silent zen meditation retreat makes me curious.

Yet I don't think I could do that, mainly because I could talk the leg off a dead cast iron donkey. But would the silence force deeper artistic expression from within? Would it help to concentrate what I want to say or do or whatever? Would something like that help at all with the enormously annoying writer's block and the absolute lack of any desire to write anything?

However, who we are and how we make sense of ourselves is interesting, along with moments in time, when it comes to art expression. I like the seeming disconnection of her work and the way in which it comes together at the same time.

I wish there was more time for art in life.

No comments: