Monday, May 26, 2008

Once a knight, always a knight. Twice a knight and you're doing alright!

I bought another DVD of The Goodies on the weekend.

I'm pretty sure that the neighbours have been wondering what the heck is making me laugh so loud... But it's so good! And I really, really, really hope that all 74 episodes make it out on DVD at some point.

*insert begging, pleading, offers of chocolate to whoever it may be who makes these sort of decisions about putting The Goodies on DVD*

While I wait for that, here's some random quotes:

Major Cheeseburger (upon hearing that the Goodies ate the "tomato soup"): "Well I'll be hornswaggled!"
Graeme (firmly): "Your personal life is no concern of ours!"

Tim (in a mad panic upon finding out that the end of the world is nigh): "Where are my shiny shoes?! I want to die with my shiny shoes on! I'm a teapot! I'm a teapot ...!"

Graeme (to Tim, who is being menaced): "It's the giant bagpipes spider. It's deadly! Keep absolutely still. One bite from that and you dance the Highland Fling until you drop dead!"

Graeme: "To Tim, I leave my set of clubs."
Tim: "Oh great! Now I can get my own seal-skin hat!!"

Graeme (suspiciously): "Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Are you sure you're virgins?"
Tim & Bill (dressed as virgins in white robes and wigs): "Yes, sir."
Graeme: (looking at Bill) "But she's got a beard!"
Tim: "That's why she's a virgin!"
Graeme: "Fair enough!"

2 comments:

Becky Daniel said...

intriguing quotes. had to look them up on imdb.com. not alot of info, but enough: british tv show.

rock on...

Della said...

Try Wikipedia - it's got info on the show and who The Goodies are :)

I think you can get t-shirts somewhere that say "I'm a Goodie." Now to find out where and purchase them!