Thursday, May 01, 2008


It occurs to me that I should finish painting the bedroom. It's been more than a year of only the first application of undercoat. I've gotten massively distracted, obviously. The whole bedroom aesthetic is rather Soviet gulag thanks to the lack of second undercoat and topcoat.

This weekend I should really make an effort, break out the paint tins, find the painting kaftan that repels paint, dig out the drop sheets, move all of the furniture, chase dust bunnies... Oh, as well as burn all of the leaves in piles in the yard, do the washing, cleaning of the spare room and throwing out of junk, cooking, ironing, painting, bill paying, cloning of self so there's another self to send on errands...

Maybe the painting will only get done if there's time.

Or if the making of a clone works out.

Also, I've been thinking about the utter and complete lack of politics-related things posted on this blog recently. I had thought of suggesting a range of clothing for the 2020 Summit (like the ones for APEC (or was that OPEC?)), but didn't get enough time. There's mileage to be had from the WA Libs leader and the chair-sniffing event but meh. Or Brendan "Teh Doctor" Nelson supporting him (hopefully not in chair-sniffing. I hate to think of that being passed as a piece of legislation). Or I see something politics-related and read another blog and think, "They've said it so much better. I can't be bothered now."

No comments: