Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I've got the joy, joy, joy...

Actually, no I don't.

The insurance sagas are continuing.

After not hearing anything from them for weeks, I rang to see how it was all progressing last night. Someone from my insurance company rang me back today with the delightful news that I shouldn't be ringing because the building company had assured them that the house had been fixed.

Err...

Tell that to my house.

I was busy with work stuff at the time, so had to call back the insurance people to talk about it further. When I did, they'd talked with the building people who said that they'd never told them that the house was fixed. Methinks they may be lying liars who lie. Or something.

And apparently something that should be relatively straight-forward (replacing a faicure board) will be something that will taken another week or more to get around to. And needs multiple reports written about it all (which I do understand).

Ugh. This all makes me feel rather cross, though.

It's getting a little annoying trying to smile sweetly and say, "Oh yes, of course these things take time. And how silly of the building company! What scamps!" while you really just want to tell them to bend over and insert it.

3 comments:

Dominique said...

No No No No No!

I don't want an insurance evil story! Where are the good stories like I never ever went on hold and it was resolved in 2 days?!?!

Della said...

They probably live on the same planet as the unicorns who eat leprechauns for breakfast.

Dominique said...

No!! sucky insurance peoples!