Friday, July 03, 2009


^ Did some painting today, after quite a long time of not doing anything all that artistic. I was surprised at how long this actually took me, considering what it's of - some of Adelaide reflected in the River Torrens. I was thinking the reflections would be really easy and the buildings, etc not that much more work. All in all, it ended up taking about eight hours (and that's with using the hair-dryer to dry the base paint).

There's some bits of it I still want to change, but I might do that in the morning before K and S arrive bright and early for brunch. Oh, and I have to put the things on to hang it with. Hopefully their house has a space big enough for the painting.

I must do more art. I'd forgotten how much I ultimately enjoy it. Once it's done. It can be really tiring while doing all of the work though. Plus it makes my legs go to sleep (I always sit cross-legged on the floor while doing art - space to spread all of the art material out).

Buuut there's a long way to go with everything.

No comments: