Sunday, July 05, 2009

I bought Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis the other week and am finally watching it (mainly because ABC has decided to not work when I would have watched Miss Marple instead!). But on the whole, I love French movies - particularly French comedies.

And this one is incredibly amusing. To the point where I just laughed so hard and loud that I nearly fell off my chair and made the neighbour's dogs start barking. Oops. But what happens in the scene is that they're doing a welcome BBQ for the guy's wife (who thinks that the north is all its's stereotyped to be).

She looks at the BBQ and asks, "What are we eating?" "Meat." "What kind?" "Oh, whatever we can find..." *guy emerges from doorway with shotgun, chasing a cat, fires it as the cat runs away and then says, "S**t! Missed."*

Wouldn't you know it? ABC works now that Miss Marple is finished.

Anyway. Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis. Hilarious. Watch it.

No comments: