Saturday, March 10, 2007

Der Metzgermeister


I am outrageously, disgustingly, unutterably ecstatic!

While reorganising and recategorising my library (I'll call it that, seeing how I have more than 700 books these days), I discovered a whole load of papers from uni with print-offs of things I'd thought I'd lost forever when my old computer died last year.

Those papers included my essay on cannibalism in fairytales. All false modesty aside, it is my best-ever essay and reading it again today made me think, "Yup, that deserved the excellent mark it got." It's freaking awesome.

I had the best time researching that and it was amusing how people I'd mention it to would have either a fascinated or "Eep!" reaction. But really, it was a perfect opportunity to assault my ear-drums with Mein Teil in the name of "research."

Also found some narrative non-fiction work. Seeing as the post after this one will be my 1000th post, I might put up one of the non-fiction works or something. Funny reading back over them and how a couple of them mentioned my ex and the way he used to put my hand on his thigh every time we were driving somewhere. I'd totally and utterly forgotten that until I read a piece I'd written about visiting my pappa's grave with said ex.

Bizarre.

If you are looking at your boyfriend, thinking he's so yummy... If you are looking at your girlfriend, thinking she's good enough to eat... Well think on this don't think too long, Well think on this... Cannibalism's wrong - The Lads.

No comments: