Monday, March 05, 2007

Oh. My. Gah!


Thanks to Go Fug Yourself, I discovered this "dress." The first thought that popped into my head is that this is obviously something that many people in Elizabeth and Salisbury are going to consider a God-send. It solves their problems of what to wear to formal events when the usual tracksuit may not be entirely appropriate.

Nice...

Question is, would it be called a trackdress? Or just a flaming load of ugliness that no-one in their right mind would wear unless suffering from a severe bout of concussion and had hallucinated that this was really a Galliano gown, resplendant with Swarovski crystals that had been hand-sewn on by blind nuns from the Holy Order of the Inate Sense of Fashion and Taste?

I went to a wedding in Salisbury last year. Although it was for one of my best friends from high school, it was still Salisbury and there were drunks that had to be chased away from where the wedding was being held. And there was someone at the wedding who was wearing one of those shiny tracksuits. I guess at least it had been World Cup year. I feel somewhat disappointed that nothing like this was in attendance on someone's person, though.

But the bridal party truly did look absolutely lovely. And that reminds me that I haven't e-mailed everyone photos yet, or posted the CDs with the pix on. Sod.

2 comments:

Lippy said...

Good to know that the good ol' USA isn't the only place where "Taste" can be a defiency as well as an asset.

Nice dress.

Della said...

Funny how money definitely doesn't seem to buy much taste either *lol* But yes, there's a lack of taste in many, many parts of the world!