Thursday, March 01, 2007

Gonna make you mine, better get in line...

5, 6, 7, 8!

Oh how I hate that song! Although I did always get a giggle out of Step's rendition of Tragedy! But moving right along to other things... This week has been so busy (thus the lack of posting).

On Monday, my boss came into the office and announced I was taking over another section of a mag on top of what I already do. I hadn't been told about this, so it was rather surprising. And it's not just a one-off, it's for always and ever. Joy.

Tonight's meant to be line dancing night again. Last week I didn't go because I fell up the steps out the front of the house and smacked my knee on a step. That was a whole mighty lot of ouch, seeing as those steps have gravel on them and it was the knee I tore ligaments in in a bridge incident some time ago.

I spent the evening with my leg elevated, ice-pack applied to it and casting my gaze upon Komissar Rex. Mmm, Gedeon Burkhard. If he were to lead out in the line dancing, I'd be there early and wouldn't at all mind learning how to side-together-side-together from him.

Ultimately, I'm in two minds about the whole line dancing thing.

It's good exercise.

But it involves country and western music, which I hate with a passion that cannot be surpassed by wriggling my ass.

2 comments:

Lippy said...

Sorry to hear about the injury (fellow ligament tearer here) but glad to see it didn't quash your sense of humor.

And your distaste for Country Music!

Ugh

Della said...

The ligament damage is old, so it can safely be relegated to the "That's a funny story to tell sometime, if anyone ever brings up anything about falling through a bridge. Never mind the screaming agony... It's funny!"

Yes, the country music was still bad. In fact, it was almost worse this week. A frightening thing!