Saturday, March 17, 2007




I needed to see something beautiful, so I went for a walk and found these. Really must get some of these plants for the yard here.

It's just been one of those weeks and to top it off, I accidentally sliced off half a fingernail (which went on to bleed for three hours without stopping - I need more band-aids - and no, I didn't go to the doctor) and the store I bought the stove from didn't book a time with the electrician as promised so the stove won't go in until next week.

Gah.

But I found these lovely flowers on the side of the road and took a whole lot of photos of them. The sun was shining, the breeze was gentle and cool and it was one of those afternoons it'd just be nice to keep always. Then I came home to white tea with raspberries and Raga Maru-behag and Raga Aheer Bhairab from Sitar Meditations.

Suddenly I realise the whole hippy kind of feel to passing an afternoon in such a fashion. The area must be rubbing off on me or something. But I've always loved that sitar record - used to drive Mum and Dad somewhat bananas by playing it regularly when I was little and mastered the record player. As long as I don't start looking at 100% natural organic hemp hand-dyed ridiculously-priced clothing lustfully, it's allllll good.

Oh, and next door's truly irritating dog frightening the heck out of itself by backing into a bucket, starting forward and subsequently nearly jumping head-first into the fence while barking madly at whatever it is it felt like barking at (which can be anything from a Soviet-style parade down the street (not had one yet, must admit) to a bird breathing).

2 comments:

Lippy said...

I don't believe a little dose of hippy is bad for you, as long as you don't become addicted :)

They did have some good ideas for relaxation, though!

Della said...

Ahh, I guess it depends on what bits of hippiness are taken in what kind of doses :) The hippy neighbours are quite nice, so I guess they're doing something right!

That's true about the relaxation thing, too.