Friday, March 23, 2007

PoP! goes my heart...

Although the old stove was terrible, I still loved it - it held many hours of baking joy as well as sadness over its shabby state (and surprise when it arced a hole in the bottom of an 18-somethingwhatsie saucepan from one of the hotplates).

It was sad to part with it, but I've already fallen in love with the new stove, which was finally installed this morning. It's white, shiny, ceramic topped, has a light (ooh, shiny things!), fan-forced, yada yada and features in the pic above right. Shameless stove hussy that I am.

But things could not have been more bizarre with the whole situation. It was delivered last week, but Clive Peeters had failed to organise installation as promised, so that was delayed until today. At 7am. This morning I wake up at some disgusting hour like 3am and the power's off - it stays off until around 9.30 this morning. Natch, I go back to bed and hope the power's on when I wake up at 6.30. It's not.

So when the electrician arrived at a bit after 7, I'm hunting for candles so there's some light in the house at least. And the electrician reminds me oddly of Drewsy. In spite of that, candles are just a bit of a bizarre thing even though they're necessary to shed some light on the subject. That said, things always seem to go weird if there's a tradesperson coming to fix something.

Anyways, the electrician guy gets the stove installed and I help him carry the old one out and up the steps and it's all good, apart from no electricity. I'm stuck imagining the stove works amazingly. And seeing as it's going to be 35 degrees today, it's probably best to just stick to imagining it. Honestly, 35 degrees for the first day of a new stove. So not funny :-p

But huzzah for new stoves.

2 comments:

Nashay said...

I'm sorry, your stove was very pretty.

Della said...

It is very pretty - the one in the pic is the new one :)