Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The day I tire of politics is... ermm... well... today, I think!

When oft I hear John Howard speaking, it comes across as, "Blah blah blah blah eyebrows blah blah scary terrorists blah I will protect you from them by taking away your freedoms blah blah blah."

When oft I hear Kim Beazley speaking, it comes across as, "Blah blah blah blah whinge blah blah don't agree with what he said but will vote for it anyway because the Labor party has no balls blah blah blah."

Seriously can't believe they all caved in that much so that the "anti-terror" laws were passed last night 53 votes to 7. Seriously can't believe the Labor party might think that it can win future elections if they think that being an opposition party means agreeing with everything the government says. Seriously can't believe they will pass the industrial relations reforms while promising "We'll rip up these reforms when we're elected to power!"

Perhaps it's lucky that the Labor party doesn't have any balls, or far too many people would probably want to be kicking them in them at the moment, I'd say.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just thought i'd let you know, yet again, how wonderful it is to read your blog. You have a great way with words and i truely enjoy the content.

your loyal fan
"bob" the stalker

Della said...

Aww, Bob the Stalker, it's sweet of you to say :D

Glad you enjoy my blog, even if it's slightly crazy *lol* :D

Brandon said...

I'm with bob - great material continues to pour forth from this blog like a veritable NIAGRA FALLS :)

Politics are so dodgey *shakes head*

Della said...

Yup, politics *is* dodgy and now with our new lot of sedition law things... well... perhaps it's not worth commenting on at all, lest ASIO decides to come along and take people away..!

But thanks :-D I love free moments to write in my blog! *lol* *cough* *nerdy me* *cough*