Monday, December 12, 2005

right, wrong, right, wrong, right, right?

Can doing the "wrong" thing lead to doing the "right" thing? And what if neither of the things were really "right" or "wrong"? And is the "right" thing really the "right" thing after all? What if the "right" thing is actually "wrong"?

*blinks*

Okay, I'm starting to confuse myself now.

But I'm wondering whether God would allow the "wrong" thing to happen or for people to do the "wrong" thing so that He could get something else to happen that would be "right" in the long term? And how on earth would we know His will about that sort of thing anyways, other than perhaps pondering it with our own kind of warped moral compasses?

I mean, the whole "wrong"/"right" thing seems so opposite that it's kind of hard to reconcile God with allowing things that He says aren't all that good to happen so that He can get something else to happen, which may or may not be good, really, depending on how things pan out in the long-term rather than just the short.

*ponders*

Who knows... God works in mysterious ways.

I have a lot to ask Him if I get to meet Him, that's for sure.

No comments: