Wednesday, June 14, 2006

"Hey! It's the old alma mater!" Part 2

I heard back from my high school yesterday about the scholarships/award sponsorships idea, which was exciting and strangely scary at the same time!

Perhaps it was because the person I heard back from was my old high school's deputy principal, who taught me in Year 10 maths. Year 10 maths was the only subject in which I wasn't concerned about working my butt off to get A's for. In fact, I think Year 10 maths contained a glorious lot of escapades (mathscapades?) and all of about four pages of work. So I think my old deputy principal was a lil' disappointed I didn't work harder. You know, as teachers are wont to do...

Anyhoodle! All of those gloriously funny memories aside (can you really be a nerd who doesn't take study seriously? Hmm), it looks like the scholarship/award sponsorship thing is a high possibility of happening. Exciting and scary. Exciting because it'll be cool to be able to put something back into I guess what you could call "the community," and scary because it's a bit weird, I guess, and I feel kind of young to be doing something like this.

I mean, it would make more sense if I was 50 and reminiscing in my foxy middle-aged lady voice about how good it was back in the old days while languishing on a pile of money or something in a mansion by the beach. But I'm 22, in my first job and live in a tiny two-bedroom place.

Ah well :) It'll be fun.

No comments: