Tuesday, June 06, 2006

*le sigh*

Well, the report on my dog is that he seems to be doing pretty well following his fit yesterday (which my Mum thinks might have actually been a stroke).

EXCEPT...

And this is a somewhat large except...

He's totally blind now.

The poor little old munchkin :( I think he must have been rather distressed yesterday too, because he managed to kind of bumble around the house and mangle a whole lot of things. At least he knows the basic lay-out of the house so he's not too bad on manouvering around now. But it's really upsetting to see him walk into things.

Other than that, he can still hear the rustle of a Schmackos packet at 50 paces, his appetite hasn't diminished, he was tail-waggingly ecstatic about me being home last night and so on.

I know he won't be around forever, but the weird thing is that there are times when it's really looked like he's been on his last legs and somehow he pulls through and just keeps going. Like with his operation in January - it was like he had a new lease of life after that was done. Maybe he just has a huge lust for life.

Just hope I haven't jinxed it by saying so!

No comments: