Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I'm vaguely inspired by *some* of The Urban Canvas now as to what to do with the new space in the kitchen and some of my spare canvases.

Something like the stripey thing (<- left, natch). But with a little more green (to balance out the red and woods in the house) and as a nice contrast against the pure white of the walls. It's plain, non-complicated and easy to create. Plus I want to spend this weekend as a totally me-time thing :)

'Sides, a couple of friends and I are doing a girly Friday of shopping so hurrah for retail therapy! Must contemplate the budget... and not the Federal one, but my own ;) And then I figure Saturday and Sunday will be my times for lazing about and trying to get my body clock back to some variety of normallacy because I keep waking up at 4am!

Unless this is my body telling me to get up and watch the 4am World Cup games or something, who knows. Maybe it's a preparation thing for the Socceroos actually getting through to the final 16 and then more matches they'll play at unholy hours (our time), leading to the gaggle of wins and a World Cup final!

*ahem*

Not likely, but it's a nice thought. I still remember getting up at some crazy hour to watch France thrash Brazil in '98. So I guess if Australia doesn't make it through, I can still barrack for Germany, and if things don't go well for them, there's always Spain and then France if that option fails.

Yay soccer :)

2 comments:

Kel said...

ok, you got me all excited about clicking through to see what the Urban Campus was all about, and I got to reading about organic carrots

hang on, I was just reading about Mels' car, which is blue, but she's calling it carrot

oh my . . .
I think I need to go to bed now!

Della said...

Oops!

I think I must have been having an early senior moment when I did that link! But the link's fixed now and should lead you to the Urban site! :) (and if not, just copy and paste: http://www.theurbancanvas.co.uk/index.html).

Must be something about carrots... I wonder if Scott's Silly Answer in the next Edge will shed any light on that matter?!?!!?!?