Monday, June 05, 2006

Thoth and Bubble?

Very bizarre dreams this morning before my dog woke me up by having a fit (and yeah, I mean a real full-on nine alarm fit, which totally freaked me out and I don't like being hysterical at 5.30 in the morning. He calmed down and so did I after a little while, but things were looking bad there for a while. Fingers crossed he'll still be in the land of the living).

The one I remember most clearly was being involved in an in-depth conversation with Anubis and Thoth. I was wearing black (which isn't uncommon, so no real significance there), we were seated somewhere that was slightly shadowy with sand underfoot and it was very peaceful.

Of course, Anubis is the Jackal-headed figure from Egyptian mythology. He was known as the Finder of Lost Things. He also supervised embalming and had a lot to do with the Underworld, being present when you died to weigh your heart against the Feather of Maat on the Scales of Truth, as well as doing tour-guide work for the souls of the dead. Apparently he was also the announcer of death. Thoth, on the other hand, is the Egyptian god of wisdom and learning. He was believed to have invented writing and created the Book of the Dead. Although he seems to multi-task a lot (including being the heart and tongue of Ra), he's also present at the judgement of the dead.

Mercy knows what that all means, but it's odd considering what happened after it. Doesn't bode well, methinks.

No comments: