Thursday, August 31, 2006

So tonight I find out that my great-aunt is in hospital following a series of strokes. They're only really doing paliative care and giving her morphine.

Hmmmm. Starting to think I should issue an advisory that it's obviously not safe to be a friend, relative or acquaintance because so many of them seem to be getting ill or dying lately that it's not funny.

Although...

Maybe it's just that there are a whole lot of bad things happening for everyone on the planet. Watch the news and see which part of the world fell off while you were at work, the Middle East's hell in a handbasket stuff, one of my friend's neighbour's kids is missing, another friend's dog got run over, stuff like that. Ugh.

If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster. - Isaac Asimov.

No comments: