Thursday, November 03, 2005

ASIO on Hotmail? Now I've seen everything...

This hot weather is revolting - apparently last night was the warmest November night on record. Not impressed by that particular one! Or by having to chase down a huntsman spider in the house this morning. Nothing like a 6.50 am killing, though, I suppose. Death to those creepy eight-legged freaks! Although the insect spray stinks to high heavens! Probably not good for anyone, let alone just insects.

Even more creepy is that I swear to God that I saw an ASIO ad on my hotmail!!! o.0 Like when I'd sent a message and there was something with ASIO about looking for people to do stuff for them or something. Holy biscuits! I'm sending lots more e-mails so that I can try to find the ASIO ad again *lol*

But really, ASIO ads on hotmail just seems wrong *lol* I was reading something somewhere yesterday about the world of spying in Britain and it was saying that hardly any women want to be spies, perhaps because of how they always seem to meet gruesome deaths in spy shows like Spooks. However, when it comes to reality I'd say that being a spy would mostly be frightfully boring, without too many gruesome deaths, unlike on the telly.

And with the latest "terror threat" that is meant to be imminent, according to our PM, it makes me wonder how ASIO can pick that out when it hasn't even happened but totally managed to fail to see the massive bombings that would happen twice in Bali on the way. I suspect that this current "terror threat" is something that the government has decided to whip out in an attempt to frighten the anti-terror legislation through parliament and into law.

It just seems far too convenient for such a "terror threat" to be announced now when the government has had problems pushing the laws through - too many Premiers have been raising questions and demanding answers (I'm very impressed with Peter Beaty on this matter). What a shame the Federal Government has to resort to such things rather than looking at some open and honest debate! Oh, but wait! They're politicians, aren't they? And we can't really expect anything better of them... Using fear to manipulate people is never going to be a positive thing in the long run.

No comments: