Wednesday, November 23, 2005

o.0 0.o

Hmm, somehow I kind of wish I was dealing with the family solicitor back in the Barossa who we've dealt with for generations (quite literally). Safe, dependable Homburgs. People I've known since I was born, really. People we've dealt with through social events, Barossa things, property issues... All of that kind of thing.

But I guess sometimes it's good to truly leap into the void of newness.

The solicitors I got put onto to get in contact with about working for me with the house stuff are local ones here and so far I am uninspired, if not slightly scared (but what the hey, this house stuff scares me anyways *lol*).

For a start, they have the worst hold music ever. It sounded like a doorbell on steroids, or a child who's recently learned how to play on an electric keyboard with two fingers.

Then the lady I was dealing with so wasn't gentle with me as a virgin homebuyer! It was more like a quick fumble that leaves you feeling puzzled, blank, wondering what the hell it was all about and what the hell happens from there out. Does it get better? Will the solicitors still mean something to you in the weeks to come? The months? The years..?

*sobs into a tissue*

*ahem*

Okay, I was being slightly melodramatic there, but oh my goodness, I have no idea what's happening. Right now it's all in the hands of the bank, the solicitors, the real estate agents and God. At least God knows what's going on, though :)

No comments: