Monday, November 21, 2005

So it's justifiable homicide when..?

Do you know what I get *really* p*ssed off about when it comes to the Internet?

Nope, it's not SPAM, even though it's annoying. Nope, pop-ups aren't an issue thanks to pop-up blocking. No, it's not failing to find anything useful when searching google.com for anything research-wise (ahh, the heady days of uni...).

It's people who leave themselves signed into MSN Messenger and are NEVER, EVER there - their status is just always set to "away."

If you're not at your damn computer actually using your stupid MSN Messenger program, DON'T STAY LOGGED IN AND TORTURE ME WITH YOUR SILENCE!!

*lol* Nah, it's not that bad, but it just annoys me that when I log on, about half of the people who are also signed in and on my list are actually not there at their computers (or anywhere in the vacinity) and are set to the "away" thing for sometimes hours on end.

*shakes fist*

Damn you!

4 comments:

Brandon said...

I spose that includes me unfortunately... In some ways, my IM is more of a lazy-person's way to e-mail me a short note. Huh...

So is that case worse or is it worse when people don't use away messages when they really ARE away - and stay logged in 24-7??

Della said...

*teehee* No, not really - we do talk from time to time, so it's not so bad as people who I would love to talk to but are never around to do so!

The worst case thing is when people really truly are away from the computer, perhaps on holidays to Khazakstan, but stay logged in come rain, hail, shine, nuclear apocalypse.

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I do it too. Except mine is always set to busy when I'm playing games. Which is quite often. But I always change my status so that you know what I'm playing.

Anyway, what's the point of having broadband when you can't be on all the time.

Della said...

*lol* At least you're at the computer when you're playing games :)

Ahhh, broadband... *salivates* *lol*