Monday, November 21, 2005

Und ze youngest ist called Sven

Today I looked at another rental house.

It was gorgeous! And I mean gorgeous.

Old federation/colonial style, high ceilings, large rooms, huge yard, light, bright, lovely... Plus it was furnished in the style that suited it well - you know, the sleek sort of white chairs, minimalistic cushions, looked like it would be owned by people who would speak with a Swedish accent, wear matching sweaters and have neat, functional children, all of that.

*le sigh* So bittersweet!

But I guess if I am going to be buying a house, at least that gives me some ideas about what to do with it. Including being inspired to go with a clotted cream colour with paint - it's much lighter and more attractive than modern paint styles, really (and quirky does not equal resale). Plus it makes the rooms look larger. Repainting could be my new weekend challenge (along with trying my hand at landscaping - quake with fear, Jamie Durie!)! I mean, it's not like I haven't done it before and somehow it's almost kind of zen when you get into it. Brush up, brush down, brush up, brush down... in harmony with the paint, you are one with the brush *teehee*

I dunno, there's such a lot to think about and still no certainty with any of it.

*le grande sigh*

Life can be complicated at times! And so frightfully adult and grown-up and time-consuming. And scary, really. I mean, the bigger the decisions become, the more you think to yourself, "Am I really doing the right thing? Will this prove to be nothing but insanity? What if I'm meant to be doing something else with my life? But what if I don't do this? I'll be screwed in the non-fun way, won't I?"

I wish I was practical.

No comments: