Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Dreaming Domestic Goddess Della

Okay, so I've actually signed contracts and whatnot about the house and buying it. Yeah, I said buying. I've still got to confirm my loan with the bank and get talking with the solicitors, but there we are. Plus I've put my first $500 down on a deposit.

In spite of that all, I still almost feel like I'm playing houses, like it's not real, like I'll suddenly wake up and the dream of playing in the mildly-dreaded adult world of houses, business, finance and domesticity will vanish into the ether and I'll be drifting again, dreaming about what I'd like to do next, playing doctor and dragging a blanket outside to have tea parties with my dolls.

Maybe it'll seem more real when my bank and I have confirmed things for my loan, which should be started on tomorrow, and things get under way with solicitors and all of that sort of thing. Maybe not.

Whatever the case is, I'm currently about 75% certain to become a home owner at the ripe old age of 22 (still got to finish things with the banks and all of that, you see, and there are no guarantees in life, are there?). If that's not enough to frighten me into responsibility, I don't know what is!

2 comments:

Kel said...

congrats on your decision to enter the real estate market!

Della said...

Thanks :D

It's scary and kind of cool, but mostly scary!

Still, it's good experience and I'm sure that I'll learn from it for how to do things better next time :)