Sunday, July 30, 2006

3, the non-magical number

Hmm... 3 mobile annoys me quite regularly.

Today my signal disappeared for about four hours. I figured it must be some sort of outage or something akin to that, but on the three hour mark, it got kind of annoying! I had SMSs to send, etc. So I rang the 3 helpline.

Asked if there were any service outages and was told no, there weren't that they had been informed of. Was then told to turn off my phone and turn it back on again (which seems to be the only help that the 3 helpline can provide - thank God they don't run the depression helpline). I'd done that repeatedly for the three hours until I rang the helpline, so we went thru some other things to "fix" it.

Still no signal...

So I was told that I'd have to go to the nearest 3 store and pay to get it repaired or that it would be much simpler if I just bought a new phone altogether because there was obviously something wrong with my phone or SIM card. Hmm!

Anyways, I ended the call, decided to wait for the signal to return. And return it did! It was a service outage, after all, by the seem of it. And from now on, I shall call the 3 helpline "lying weasle-pants hotline."

Update: In the wee hours of the morning, the 3 service was undergoing repairs and maintainance, according to the balance check thing. Which is handy, I'm sure. But as I said before, lying weasle-pants! *cough, cough*

No comments: