Thursday, October 05, 2006

Spring fling(ing things out)

Although technically we're a little more than a month into Spring, the spring cleaning bug took over again last night at home and I started changing furniture around with the aim of creating more of a minimalist space in the house. Spring cleaning had started with the outdoors, mostly motivated by the desire to clear away combustible materials from around the house in preparation for the bushfire season.

Now the cleaning's moved indoors.

Oddly enough, I find cleaning ALWAYS neccessitates making more of a mess. Surely I'm not the only one who finds this to be the case? I mean, to truly clean things up, you need to make the mess even more chaotic by dumping all of it somewhere and then sorting through it, extracting the order from the chaos, right? It's just easier that way.

So yeah, the house is really chaotically messy now, but a lot of the furniture is in different positions (and the stuff that was in it or on it is now on the floor, on the couch, on the table, etc ;). And I get to work on getting it into some semblance of order over the weekend, throw things out, give things away, etc.

And chase dust bunnies...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, cleaning does make more mess. But, in my case it may be that i tend to start cleaning by taking everything out of shelves etc and throwing it on the floor. Although a succesful way to clean, there has to be a better way?

Kel said...

perhaps you have a local chapter of freecycle.org to recycle your unwanted stuff through

maybe I should start the East Gippsland chapter - although we've culled so much while living in a caravan and now the studio . . .

Dominique said...

Dude that sounds like my house. With just me in the place atm moment I am haveing a real clean out of my room; but I can't spread it as far as I would like just in case People come over... but you can actually walk on the floor in the front half of my room. Just under my bed and cupboards to go. Yay!

Della said...

Yup, that's what I do - I take everything out and put it on the floor! It's the easiest way to deal with it, though.

Thanks for the website idea, Kel! Why not start up the Gippsland charter ;) :)