Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I feel so old today for some reason.

I think it's because I'm worried about a few things. My Mum's been harassing me about getting myself checked for Lupus and Sjogren's Syndrome, both of which are auto-immune diseases that can shorten the lifespan, make having kids hard and all of that sort of stuff (while they attack your organs... wheeee). Mum's got both Lupus and Sjogrens, and some of our relatives have one, the other or both. It's a bit of a worry.

But we shall see what we shall see, won't we.

Oh well, I think it's making me realise that life is really just something that we let merrily slip through our hands like the tail of a silver fish. Instead of gripping on, trying to live as hard and fast and fun as we can, we just meander along, eyes closed, not realising that this life is all we get here and now.

Plus I've read Tuesdays With Morrie, so that's making me change my life. I don't want to have to wait until I'm old or dying to realise what's really important to me. It's people, those I love. Never things. Things can all go jump in a lake.

Love is what matters.

Hmm.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Ahhh, wisely said :)

I suppose a balance must be made - you don't really want to live your life so fast and hard that you can't enjoy it. But on the other hand you don't want to sit there and let it pass by... Hmm.

People > Stuff. Always. (well there are some people where it feels debatable, but you get the idea).

The auto-immune disease stuff sounds kinda scary - are you going in for checking it out soon? I hope for the best!!

Della said...

That's true about balancing the way life is lived. But I think as long as you're living it and making the most of it, it's good :) (oh, and not hurting people by doing so, of course)

*lol* I know what you mean about those individuals who you have the debatable moments about!

Yup, I'm going to try to book into the doctor's next week. I don't have the symptoms, but it's best to find out whether it could be a problem in the future and change lifestyle accordingly.