Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Thank God for firefighters

The bushfire today made me realise, in a moment of utter abject terror, that I do not have a bushfire plan.

If the wind had been blowing a little more this way and a little harder, my house and I probably would have been roasted. Burnt to a speck of ash or something.

Like I, alone, could hold back a raging fire with a garden hose and repeated swearing...

The mountain behind my house had a fire deliberately lit by a 14 year-old boy (apparently) that burned for hours this afternoon, and still isn't out.

Apparently it's been contained and the fire fighters are doing back-burning... still scary... Thankfully the water bombers came and dumped lots of water on it. And thankfully the weather stayed mostly calm.

Definitely a thank God situation.

But it still scares the fuck out of me.

And if I get my hands on that individual who lit the fire, I swear I will rip their arms off myself and force-feed them to him.

*ahem*

2 comments:

kris said...

eeps! i am glad that you, your house, and your little dog too, are all fine and safe.

and yes, if you do find the individual responsible, you might hit him over the head with a large stick;)

Della said...

Yeah, they managed to contain the fire and stuff.

Still, with it going to be insanely hot tomorrow and then on the weekend and into next week... ugh... :-/