Thursday, January 26, 2006

Reality Australia Day

Russell Crowe and his band (and other b-grade celebrities) didn't fall in a hole.

I got a forwarded e-mail I could only describe as racist from a friend of mine about how people who aren't going to become totally Australian and forget about the cultures of countries they moved here from should piss off out of Australia. That was shocking. I'd never thought that friends of mine would think like that.

*sigh*

I guess there will always be people out there with stupid attitudes towards immigrants, refugees and so on. Still, that doesn't mean it's acceptable or right or anything like that.

Grrr...

There are still bushfires around and it's a time of battening down the hatches in case fires happen around here. They're in towns that just seem to me to be a bit too close for comfort. But I'm scared as hell of fires. The weather's also insane today. And won't improve until Monday. God, please do something! :-/

At least the cricket's on today.

But then what if Australia loses!? Arghh!

And I just saw a story on the French news how Asian fur producers are using cat and dog fur! The poor little creatures were terrified! Those evil, evil bastards. Animal cruelty is never acceptable!

No comments: