Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Argh!!!

Bad nights are... well... bad.

Last night I got a call because one of my friends was threatening suicide or something and he wanted to talk to me. So we talked. And I was really, really freaked out by it all because I know he has a handgun, so him talking about using it wouldn't just be some idle threat thing. He calmed down and I'm hoping he'll be okay and hasn't decided to do anything stupid overnight :-/

Got to bed around midnight, couldn't sleep, and when I finally drifted off, had these really terrible nightmares. One in particular stands out. It started out nicely enough with me out shopping and finding a gorgeous pair of shoes to buy. Somehow it went from that to getting a call on my phone calling me in to work. Except my work was like some police forensic kind of thing and we were going over new technology that would regenerate crime scenes in a 3D/hologram kind of way.

All of the crime scenes were of children who had been shot.

One had been shot in the back of his head by his father while he sat at his computer. Another was a little girl who was shot through the chest. There were others, but it totally freaked me out and I woke up. And then couldn't sleep again... ugh.

2 comments:

Melody said...

oh my goodness. that just sounds horrible! I think you've been watching too much CSI...

On the other hand, I really hope everything went well with your friend...it's a pretty stressful and hurtful thing to know that a friend's going through something like that.

But at least he called you and sought help...

Della said...

*lol* Funny thing is, I avoid CSI, Law & Order and stuff like that like the plague! So maybe I should watch it for some reverse psychology moments or something!

Yeah, it was pretty scary. Definitely the worry of, "What if I say the wrong thing..!?" But he chucked an e-mail my way this morning and seems to be happier, so thank God.