Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Julia's not got what it takes? Balls! by Kaz Cooke

It made me laugh... It made me cry (with laughter)... It made me exclaim, "Yes, yes, YES!" in a kind of strangled joy...

After me saying it for ages, and after Labor party people last week saying it and with columnists saying it now, the Labor party needs to grow some bollocks! And realise that Kim Beazley has about as much chance of becoming Prime Minister as I do. It's not that he's a bad person, it's just that he's unvotable. He doesn't make me want to get my election on, frankly!

Australia needs a viable opposition to be able to snatch political power back. As it stands, the current opposition seems to be much the same as the Liberal party and that doesn't make for very appealing voting. They're a push-over party, there's too much in-fighting, the leader doesn't come across as actually being a leader (unlike weasel-pants PM who b!tch-slaps his party into line), etc, etc...

Sadly, there are perhaps too many issues to address with the election not far off (next year). A change of leader would help a heck of a lot. Then something would need to be done about them reigning in all of the factions and getting them to work together cohesively rather than going off to whinge and sulk in their respective corners all the time. And then grow some bollocks!

Go Julia Gillard.

No comments: