Thursday, March 02, 2006

Must be love, love... err?

You ever had one of those moments where it's totally and utterly uncomfortable and there's that silence that sort of trips of for a second or two too long while your brain tries to process some kind of appropriate answer for something someone's said or asked of you?

Had that happen yesterday with a guy I know from back in Sydney. For some reason, yesterday he said when we were talking, "Tell me you love me." I was like, "Are you quoting from a movie or some song or something?" and laughed. He then said, "No, I'm not quoting anything..." I was really gobsmacked.

So my usually lightning-quick brain went into panic mode and kind of shut off while I was trying to think, "WHAT THE HELL DO I SAY TO THIS!?" Cue uncomfortable silence where you can hear crickets chirrupping in the background and the grass growing. Brain panics and decides best response is to say, "I love you."

Altough it comes out sounding far more like a deeply uncertain question, in tones akin to one asking, "And you want me to walk across this pit of molten lava on this tightrope while reciting the Dead Parrot Sketch why?" when you're already half-way across.

Argh.

4 comments:

kris said...

so what did you decide to finally say?

Della said...

I decided to go with the "I love you" option *lol*

Ah well... can't always have a piece of flint instead of a heart, so it's good practise I guess ;)

Brandon said...

Yeah, I suppose a similar situation would catch me off guard too. Odd. But you've got a point - one shouldn't be too hard.

Della said...

Nope, and it really can't hurt the world for there to be more people in it saying "I love you" :)