Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Domestic Goddess

The power was out for hours on end on Sunday, which was an insanely cold day so I thanked all of my lucky stars for the fireplace, so it kinda put a halt to doing loads of domestic goddess kind of things. Although I suppose it's better than having to do the laundry by hand with some rocks by the river or whatever, the washing machine relying on electricity can be a pain sometimes. Oh, and the oven for cooking...

So when the power came back on around 1pm or so, I went into a baking frenzy. The results were 24 chocolate cupcakes made from scratch (I was organising the kitchen cupboard, found I had the ingredients, so why not...), roast pumpkin, zucchini and feta lasagne plus some quiches. The freezer and fridge are now stocked. Although Lord knows what for. Possibly armagedon or something.

Aaaaaaaaaaaarmagedon, where the wind comes whistlin' down the plane and the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right before the raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain!

Okay, I popped off into Crazy Musical Land there for a moment. But I think if I were a domestic goddess, I'd be someone like Venus, who's nice enough when she wants to be and really good at certain stuff, but then has massive moments of tantrums and not ever wanting to do stuff. Something like that. Except, unlike the Venus de Milo, I have arms and hands (and tend to wear something on my top half...). And do occasionally make rude gestures at things around the house when in a non-goddessy mood.

No comments: