Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Nice... pear?!

Oh my goodness...

This moring a colleague was in our office and said something to me while I was kind of off in my own e-mail checking world about me having a nice pear. I think I've had way too many Carry On movies in my upbringing and I was like, "Nice pair!? Wtf?!" (in my mind, not out loud). Thankfully the colleague cleared things up by making his reference to the pear on the desk clear, so that was all good.

Then at lunch, I popped down to the grocery store and was sort of off in my own lil' wandery world thinking, "So, do I buy soup or not, because it's so not on special..." when some teenage guy says to me, "Sh!t babe, nice tits" which snapped me out of my soup reverie.

I just gave him a "grr!" look and thought about whether it would be entirely appropriate to clobber him in the groin with the soup can I was holding in spite of CCTV.

Very odd.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Wow, that's a bit forward... Ikes!

I must say that I've never heard anyone admire a piece of fruit on MY desk. Hmm, odd indeed.

I guess take it all as a compliment and forget about it?

Della said...

Yeah, teenage guys can be a bit gross sometimes. Sort of leaves you thinking, "Manners?!"

Desk fruit compliments are funny *lol* Maybe it's time to stock our desks with odd fruit, like fejoas, mangostenes, lychees, etc :D