Thursday, May 11, 2006

Move over, Jamie Durie

Or I'll throw my Glomesh handbags at you..?

Umm, no, not really!

I just feel so renovation-y, Backyard Blitz-y lately that it's infuriating me that Winter's arriving and making the weekends too cold to do much. Like last weekend. Rain. RAIIIIIIIIIN. And hail. And snow up on the mountain. But during the week while you're at work? Oh no, everything's sunny and perfect. Grr.

Anyhoodle...

I've decided to change things around in my house (once again) and have started on the dreaded laundry area first. That was sort of where the tools and garden implements and everything else was stored along with five big plastic boxes from moving with mercy knows what in them.

Last night I thought, "Enough is enough with the boxes, I'm going to stack them all inside each other and chuck the stuff out if it's not at all useful." So a cleaning frenzy ensued! It's amazing how cleaning makes everything so much messier though. My lounge room is now covered with 15 handbags (mostly glomesh and they were in one of the boxes), loads of art supplies, paper, drawings, paintings, card-making materials (I used to make epic cards - for my friend Ben's 21st years ago, I made a 16 page card or something like that), etc.

But the laundry area looks fantastic. Very, very happy with it. Plus all of the garden whatnots are organised into one area completely now and I traumatised my dog (who hates loud noises) by testing the whipper snipper out inside (yes, shuddup, I already know I'm about as practical as the Pope's testicles, don't even ask me why anyone would sell a house to me!). Oh, and I found about 50 bulbs to plant out on the weekend.

As much as I don't really hold much belief in feng shui, there are definitely some points to it that make sense and the area is feeling more harmonious now that it's not cluttered. The next task will be the lounge, dining and kitchen area. Then the bedroom and spare room. Oh, and the repainting work, too, which has sort of been on hold for a month. Must get back to that...

No comments: