Monday, May 29, 2006

Object of hatred: skinny-leg jeans.

They make everyone look chumpy, which isn't good. And there's just way too many of them in the shops at the moment! I DO NOT WANT SKINNY-LEG JEANS!

When it comes to jeans (and trouser-type things in general), I want flares. Flares that make people say, "Good heavens, I didn't know there was enough denim in the world to make flares that flared!"

I love flares...

So it was with a cry of inarticulate joy that I fell upon flares in Jay Jays yesterday at the DFO. Flares! Dark denim. Tight in the right places (I hate jeans that fall down). One problem is that they're made for someone with legs about 15 centimetres longer than my legs.

I was just talking about this kinda thing with Karina. Not quite sure what it is that's brought this about, but I have a pair of jeans from like '99 or so (my good old Just Jeans Red Stitch Super Flares), and they're the perfect length.

Jeans since then have been seeming to get longer and longer... And no, my legs aren't getting shorter and shorter! :-p Maybe in medieval times, the rack was really invented to help people have legs long enough to fit into their trousers... Which later led to the Plague. Or something.

1 comment:

Della said...

No way man, fight the power! *lol*