Wednesday, November 22, 2006

By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!

Instead of wind, we had...

FIRE!

*imagine that said in the voice of the character who had the power of fire in Captain Planet, whose name I think was Wheeler and he had that thing with the girl called Linka who did the whole wind thing where they argued but secretly/not-so-secretly liked each other and shouted at each other occasionally while everyone else stood around thinking "Oh yeah, they'll be snogging soon. And that'll be awkward..."* *

Although we also did have wind. And the most miniscule amount of water. Probably some earth, not entirely sure about heart.

It got really windy so I went out to get the clothes off the line and as I was rushing about doing so, I noticed a glow coming from the direction of the mountain behind my house. A kind of flickering glow. And then the sounds of the fire sirens.

Oh rapture.

*sigh* So fortunately the CFA people got that under control quickly, but it was still somewhat scary with the crazy weather we've had lately. And I've decided that ice-blocks don't balance out being crawled on by a spider or getting frightened by unexpected bushfires.

*caresses insurance renewal forms* My precious...

Now I've got the Captain Planet song stuck in my head! Eek!

*Correction duly noted! ;) Thanks Kaisa!

3 comments:

Dominique said...

I thought the red headed kid had fire. The blonde chick had water... the monkey looking boy had heart. The african had earth... and the asian chick had wind... not that I ever watched the show

Della said...

Oh my God, I think you're right! It was the guy who had the fire thing. But I can't be bothered correcting it... It's been too long since I watched it, and I think I only liked the show because it had someone evil with a blonde streak.

Although her disfiguration thing was a little weird. But yay blonde streaks.

"Monkey looking boy" did have the heart thing. How ripped off would he have felt.

Della said...

Okay, so I was bothered to correct it ;)