Thursday, November 09, 2006

Or we could sit in the garden

Although I read this morning that you're more likely to be depressed if you don't plan your life (or something like that), planning for life has never been something that's... er... come up in plans I've made?

Of course there are minor plans, such as those for work or shopping or so on, but no major life plans. And this applies to packing. Or gardening. Although the vague ideas are there. It's just not like I'm sitting down thinking to myself, "Well, yes, in five year's time, I shall do this and scale Everest with nothing but a toothpick."

Instead of packing tonight, I've spent half an hour sitting out in the garden, admiring the twighlight and thinking more about what I want to do with my own backyard blitzing ideas (sans Jamie Durie in small shorts). Must call landscaping people, get quotes, gather thoughts, make garden fantastic, create an area to sit outside that doesn't involve sitting on the ground where a spider may crawl up your trousers.

And now I'm watching Black Books because Taylor SMS'd me about Ab Fab being on last night (sweetie, darling!), and that reminded me that The IT Crowd was on last week at the same time and the people who did that were involved with Black Books.

Life is so convoluted. Sod planning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No matter where you sit a spider may crawl up your trousers.
I ma not paranoid about this, when i was in the dorms having an afternoon nap i was bitten by a spider in my bed. Nowhere is sake, just cary hairspray.

kris said...

i love planning! i'll plan your life for you;)

Della said...

So hairspray in one hand, surface spray in the other... Sort of has a wild west feel about it. I like.

*lol* I'd be worried about what you'd plan, Kris :) ;)