Friday, November 24, 2006

"Mr Hell, do you even know what an election is?" "Why yes..."

Election tomorrow here in the glorious Bushfire State, Victoria (I think they should change it to that on numberplates).

How to vote, eh! Wait, that's a Queensland expression there and I've only been to Queensland a couple of times in my life, the last being when I was 12. So moving right along... Currently the political advertising that I do have is on the floor in the toilet, which may or may not be construed as being indicative of what I think of the current state of things in the State.

> Family First? No. They use the words "family values" too much, and "family values" is rarely an inclusive term. Although I haven't received any political advertising from the party, so that could be a point in their favour (ie, they won't be last).

> Independent? Dunno. Probably won't put them last, but have no idea who they are, what they're standing for or anything like that. They might want to bring back semi-automatic weaponry for all or something.

> Which brings me to The Nationals? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL no. I was reading the mail-out from the local candidate this morning and The National's "suggested method for voting" or whatever you'd call it with how they think you should number your votes on your paper. Their only mentioned policies seem to be bashing the Greens (verbally, not physically) because the Greens think hunting animals isn't a nice thing while The Nationals do. They'll be last on my vote thingy due to that (aka: they can go get bent).

> The Greens? I've received a couple of pieces of advertising from them. Nothing astounding. The local candidate has a beard. And is male, in case you were wondering. But meh... Although I like Bob Brown, so maybe they'll get a second or third placing.

> The Liberals? Actually, the local candidate has ticked me off because I've receieved about three billion pieces of advertising from him within the past couple of weeks, all saying THE SAME STUFF IN DIFFERENT WAYS AND I DON'T CAAAAAAAAAAAARE! I can read. Hmph. I'd rather he spent money on doing things than posting out crap to me. Especially when it all says the same thing. But I've warmed to Ted Baillieu surprisingly. So I'm not sure.

> Labour? Probably will go that way. I like what the local candidate has done for the local area, and continues to do. Plus I don't mind Steve Bracks. Although he's not as fun as Mr Baillieu.

2 comments:

Dominique said...

Currently the political advertising that I do have is on the floor in the toilet,

Just wondering... who is being house trained? you?... or do you have a puppy or kitten wandering about the place?

Della said...

No puppy or kitten, it was just where the advertising was dropped and then kicked away (was originally in front of the laundry sink, but got in the way there, so I kicked it).