Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The soft spidery caress

While sitting at my desk this morning, I noticed something that felt almost like fingertips being trailed up my calf from my ankle. An unusual sensation for the work setting... I pushed back my chair, stuck out my leg and what should be on it causing that deliciously feathery sensation but a large, black spider?

*shudder*

With heart pounding (because this wasn't one of the not-so-poisonous spiders), I flicked it off, hoped it wouldn't take an opportunity to bite, kicked my shoe off and squished it to death with said shoe.

This week just keeps getting better and better *insert appropriate eye-rolling moment* But it could have been worse. It could have decided I was a tasty snack object instead of something to simply use as a climbing frame to drape web over.

Ugh.

And oddly enough, my first instinct was to reach for my camera and take a photo of it. But sense took over and I went down the path of relegating it from an is to a was before lunch.

Interesting site on spiders in Victoria. Interesting in that I'm so glad I don't see these daily kind of way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy deli leg for lunch. Spiders are our friends.

Della said...

Like fish are our friends?

The day's balanced out well enough. Spider on the leg in the morning, ice-block in the hand in the afternoon, courtesy of work. Not too bad, really.

Dominique said...

He he good day had by all then except prehaps the spider...

No not like fish... Fish are food for cats.