Wednesday, November 08, 2006

So traumatised now!

Things Della Does Not Need To Know:
> Officemate and colleague's jokes about plumber incidents, including all-too-memorable lines about nuts tightening.
> Anything about that conversation. Or plumbers. Or nuts. Or... no... let's not go there.

Things Della Does Need To Know:
> The meaning of the universe, life and existence.
> How to do plumbing work entirely by myself. And possibly all other home handyman kind of things. Are there courses in that kind of thing??

I also figured over the weekend that it's about time to find a good guard dog, because I think I have more chance of finding a Dobermann than a man at the moment *ponders* And it would be nice to have someone around the house who could rip the arms off of any unwanted visitors.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't we just have both?. I mean why limit your options You should be allowed to have a big dangerous dog and a man. You may have to keep the man in your cupboard; for his protection of course...

Della said...

As I don't really have any cupboards, that puts a nix on keeping a guy in one... But a man and a dog would be good. Dog to guard the house, man to fix the house!

Although I did go out with a guy a few years ago who knew less about home maintanance and so on than I did at the time. Live and learn, I guess. And don't get frustrated with things and hit them with spanners when they don't work (haven't tried that yet, but have been close with some things!).

Anonymous said...

You can't have everything you know. An just because they guy can't fix the house doesn't mean he doesn't have his uses... prehaps you will have to keep him in the bathroom beside the ladder.

Della said...

*lol* Like a kind of peculiar toilet calendar that will surprise anyone who uses the loo? I like the idea...

Anonymous said...

So, no jokes about plumbers tightening their nuts.

How about one about the undertaker coming around to measure my stiffie?

Della said...

*bwahahaha* Sure, go for it!

Nothing like waking up to a good stiff joke, as they say.