Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Kansas City Shuffle

Saw The Wrong Man on Saturday night (the movie, not a poor choice of male companions). It was really, really, REALLY good, which was pleasantly surprising. I guess I'd been expecting it to be rather typical in a North By North-West rehashing way (I love North By North-West, I don't love how lots of movies around lately have just been rip-offs of old(er) movies).

But it wasn't.

To say more would spoil it, so go see it! What are you waiting for? GO NOW! Unless you're a bit put off by seemingly random senseless deaths, fake blood and so on. But even then, it's so worth it. Plus it has Bruce Willis and Josh Hartnett. This is good for reviving your eyes following any kinda gory scenes.

In other thoughts, there are a lot of mildly freaky people out in Melbourne of an evening. But I don't mean that in a bad way - they're really interesting (I like freaky people)! Hurrah for that. Although the guy in the silver "space suit" was a touch odd in little bit of a Dalek-y kind of way...

7 comments:

kris said...

I LOVE THE WRONG MAN!! although i know it as 'lucky number sleven'. its definately one of my favourite movies EVER!

i love how for most of the movie you think things are happening one way and then all of a sudden BAM! everything gets turned on its head! hehehehe...loved it!

Della said...

I think it was released as Lucky Number Sleven in the US or something? But yes, awesome, awesome movie! I'm hoping to go see it again on Friday. It's definitely one I'll be buying on DVD, too.

It's really funny how you just have a moment of enlightenment where you twig and go "Max!" and then the movie starts to explain just how that's all happened.

kris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kris said...

my favourite scene is when sleven goes to see The Fairy (why do they call him the fairy?) and says, "someone's going to kill you". The way the eyes change is brilliant!

(i hope that didn't give too much away for those who haven't seen it)

Della said...

That scene was definitely great.

The odd thing about the movie is that there are so many scenes that literally have you laughing, and then the others that have you cringing/covering your eyes. Such a great mix.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I saw it last night and it was just an awesome movie.

The wrong man had the perfect mix of humour and violence.

Thanks so much Della, one of the reasons I went to see it was because you said it was great.

Della said...

That's all good, Lee! I'm just glad you enjoyed it. The mixture of humour and violence is clever - there were moments where you're laughing, but you feel like you definitely shouldn't be!

Absolutely loved how much of a smartar$e the character of Slevin was :)