Thursday, November 30, 2006

Things not to say in the office (part one)

One of my friends at work was just in my office, talking about being still single and I'm like, "We could get you a Russian mail-order husband!" Naturally, she's like, "Hmmm..." I said, "Just imagine it, it'd be like, 'Hello my name is Vladimir, I speak no inglis, but I drink vodka. We make the sex now?'"

She cracks up laughing, others stare at us in a bemused fashion. But it was amusing, all things considered, in a Borat kind of way (plus I'm good at my Eastern European accent thing).

Russian slang for the day:
Амбал (noun, m.) [Ambal]
Big, strong and usually not-too-bright guy, often a bit intimidating. It was initially the Ossetian word for “Hero, warrior.”

3 comments:

clare said...

Ending the day with Vladimir would really put things in perspective.
I've seen some links to this sort of thing actually, let me know if you want them ;)

kris said...

i just had to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for organising your side bar into something similar to alphabetical. i love how i can find all these links so much easier now!

Della said...

Links to ending the day with Vladimir? Now I'm worried ;)

And that's all good about organising the links. It just makes it look somewhat less random. Oh wait, things are meant to be random here! Curses!