Tuesday, November 28, 2006

There are no holidays in the fight against evil

In homage to Get Smart, I have named my claw hammer "The Craw!"

Maxwell Smart: "Well, well, if it isn't my old friend the Craw."
The Claw: "Not the Craw, the Craw!"

Why do I have a hammer? Well, apart from all of the day-to-day things that hammers are useful for, the desk chair keeps playing up and I have to bash a bolt thing back in every few days or so (it's missing a nut...).

The instructions on The Craw! are fantastic, too. It has a picture of what looks like a demented jellybean accompanied by the words: Warning - protect your eyes - wear safety goggles. This tool is intended only for driving and pulling common and finish nails. The face may chip if struck against any striking tool. Hardened nail chisel or any hard object possibly resulting in bodily injury.

While I'm thinking of Get Smart, here's something that made me think of the AWB kerfuffle:

Senator: Mr. Smart, how many arrests did Control make last year?
Maxwell Smart: I don't know.
Senator: Who's the number one man in your organization?
Maxwell Smart: I don't know.
Senator: How many cases were assigned to Control last year?
Maxwell Smart: I don't know.
Senator: What would you do if you were fired, Mr. Smart?
Maxwell Smart: They can't fire me. I know too much.

No comments: