Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Be werry, werry qwiet, we're hunting houses!

Hurrah for Reverend Fun!

There's such a lot of house stuff going on at the moment. Last night, the Welsh repairman guy came and started fixing the ceiling in the bathroom. He's a Dr Who fan and a vegetarian, so that was interesting.

I spent a chunk of the evening on the phone to Telstra because my phone line has decided to go nuts after the stormy weather last night, and they gave me the oh-so-useful response of, "We can't find anything wrong with your line. It must be the handset... Oh, so the line drops out when you're on the internet too? Ohh... Well, we'll send someone on Thursday between 8am and 12pm. What? Oh you work then??? Good Lord, shouldn't everyone drop everything for us and fritter away four hours when they could be working to wait for a tradesman? Where is that AWFUL static noise on the line coming from?!?! Oh alright, Friday. Between 8am and 12pm..."

We turned down the house that I looked at on Friday, too. If it had been in a different town, or on the other end of that town, I wouldn't have had any problems signing for it. However, when I mentioned to my boss about where it was, he got a look of horror on his face and immediately told me to talk to other people at work about the area. I was kind of worried about the area to start with and the extra info I found out about it just put me off of it totally.

Rang the agent and apologised but explained why, and he said that it was understandable (which made me wonder why he didn't mention any of the stuff about that particular area when I asked if he knew about the sort of things that were going to be concerns in relation to the area) (sales vs honesty, round one...).

So fingers crossed for another property..!!!

And not a tent!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you come to canada I can build you an igloo...... what do you say della? :)

Della said...

Only if it's a two-story igloo with built-in wardrobes and room for all of my 40+ pairs of shoes *teehee*

Anonymous said...

anything for sexy della :)

Della said...

Psh... *lol* :-p

Stalker! :-p *lol*

Anonymous said...

yes but your in love with this stalker :P

hey its 20 mill tommrows jackpot......give me 6 lucky numbers will ya

Della said...

No, I don't have some variety of Stockholm Syndrome :-p

Anonymous said...

awwww my heart is broken :( lol