Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Why is it that in the times when I am definitely searching for answers and having huge issues with things, the eDevotion from the South Australian Conference's youth department always has the answers or at least some guidance and comfort?? Seriously, it's starting to freak me out.

This is today's devotion (apt, considering all of the issues with the house stuff):

An Appeal for Guidance
Tuesday, October 11, 2005


Send out Your light and Your truth;
let them guide me.
Let them lead me to Your holy mountain,
to the place where You live.
There I will go to the altar of God,
to God-the source of all my joy.
I will praise You with my harp,
O God, my God!
Why am I discouraged?
Why so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise Him again –
my Saviour and my God!
Psalm 43:3-5


Being lost in the darkness can be a very frightening situation. But imagine if you were also being pursued by people who were out to kill you! This was the psalmist’s urgent dilemma, and he didn’t know which way to turn. But he did know to whom he should cry out for help. He asked God to show him the way, to guide him in the truth, and to lead him to the Lord’s presence.

Pray that God will guide your steps. Set your sights on your final destination – God’s dwelling place – and encourage yourself with the prospect of living joyfully in the Lord’s presence.

Dear God, guide me with Your light and Your truth…

No comments: