Tuesday, September 26, 2006

...she thought she'd better beat it while she had the chance...

Nothing like some Noel Coward in the morning. Especially when it's particularly freezing. But I'm not complaining! I like this cold weather. We can have more cold weather as far as I'm concerned. In fact, a Summer like the one of '04/'05 would be fantastic.

Really hate it how all of the news I watched last night contained dire warnings about the coming bushfire season, in particular for the areas around me. Eep! But it shall spur me into action.

Once I get the yard cleared (if that's possible - must call a gardening service on Friday), it'll be time to work on the inside of the house. Not much point to doing renovations if the house gets burned down, I hear you say, but if we emerge on the other side of the fire season unscathed, may as well have the house ready for whatever comes next (like top coats of paint).

Was talking about it last night with Boss (a friend with that nickname, not my boss) and there's nothing as comforting as hearing someone say, "Yeah, I'd be worried if I lived where you do with the Summer that's coming."

Do I have to do raindances?

No comments: