Thursday, August 25, 2005

You know, if I saw this sing while driving, I'd probably laugh so hard I'd crash the car.

Still, if food be the music of love, play on... But don't ask me about anything more with that because my brain ceased to function as of half an hour ago. All I can think of is cooking, and seeing what there can be done with leche... dulce leche is it? You know, where you boil up a can of condensed milk and use it as caramel. Or using flat leaf parsley with boiled eggs sliced length-ways on sourdough bread, possibly with some Persian feta spread underneath and the bread toasted very lightly.

Although if I made that, I wouldn't actually be able to taste any of it at the moment. This flu thing has taken over my tastebuds as well as my mind. Very industrious of it, to be sure! Maybe with the way I feel, I shall call it the Ozzy Osborne flu.

Shaaaaaron, the bloody dogs 'ave eaten me slippers again...

You know what's really good? Bottled sour cherries in their own juice with a teaspoon or so of cornflour (to thicken) a bit of sugar and a nice amount of cinnamon are divine when cooked up and served over ice-cream.

And somehow I just managed to poke myself in the eye with the corner of a tissue o.0 Owwww... See what I mean about Ozzy Osborne? Yeah... And when my landlord came in to talk to me about getting the shower fixed in the morning tomorrow, I couldn't even manage to make a squeak! *lol* Seriously, my voice disappeared and I was just like, '........' *ahem* and tried again *lol*

But back to food thoughts. I plan to make my famous banana and raspberry bread tomorrow to put in the freezer for my parents when they come to stay. And then I want to get into trying some other things, including experimentations with roast capsicum and tomato blended together for pasta sauce, lemon things, exploring sage, looking at something to do with coconut and fig - something makes me curious as to how they'd taste together, buttersnap cookies as a pie crust (all mashed up), hummous, concocting my own blend of tea and possibly making some bread.

Busy weekend coming up! Ugh... but not ugh... at least the shower will hopefully be fixed. Just when I'm coming to love baths again *lol* Seriously, how good are baths? They're fan-f*cking-tastic, especially with lots of foam and relaxing salts and so on and then filling the tub so full that it almost overflows *lol* Did you know that using a handful of oats wrapped up tightly in a face washer and then put in the bath is really good for your skin? Yuppers...

Seeing how my mind is wandering, I think I'll go now...

No comments: