Friday, September 16, 2005

The Alpha Wanker

I dunno, it's almost 3am and I'm having some sort of theory developing in my head about the alpha male kind of guys who were in the "cool" groups in High School.

They turn out to be the alpha wanker types later on in life, always kind of living in these moments where they're still trying to be back in the glory days of school. Except now everyone's moved on from that and don't give a shit about some guy who never got into uni and now pisses his life away on some average joe job.

Why am I thinking about it? Well, a guy I'm talking to reminds me of it all.

I quote from him (names changed to protect the innocent):
X says:
its school, it makes who you are
X says:
people dont change after highschool

Or the AW is the kind of guy who stays a crush-beer-cans-on-forehead type. You know the ones. They're okay, but they're kind of overly blokey and somewhat immature and likely to try to grope you when they're drunk and you walk past them because they think they can get any chick...

Will work more on this thought tomorrow...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like an old b/f of yours Dr Deli :)

Della said...

*lol* No, my ex's haven't been those kind of guys :)

Anonymous said...

so miss della ........ how are you doing tonight?

Anonymous said...

Thank God I wasn't in the "cool" group in highschool!! Keep working on the theory - I think you are on to something here...

Just curious, do you have any theories for a female version of the AW?

Della said...

Hey Jesus :D

Yeah, the "cool" group people were never very interesting, really. Some were nice enough, but most were sheep. It's much better to be yourself :)

Will work more on this thought tonight, I think. It's something I've been kind of thinking for a while, really.

Not sure about the female version of the AW. Perhaps the Alpha Barbie?